Camp out at Monstro Camp Tucson 15, the infrequent and audacious campout of the Monster Rangers. Participate in song, story, and ceremony – and celebrate the Monsters with our community of kind, quirky folks.
- 1 automobile pass (Please carpool)
- 1 campsite (It may include more than one tent – can include a whole family!)
- 2 exclusive SHINDIG 2018 Spirit Badges
- Entry into all Monster Ranger activities
– – –
12 Noon November 30th, 2018
12 Noon December 2nd, 2018
Catalina State Park, Ringtail Group Site
Located on State Highway 77 (Oracle Rd.) at mile marker 81, nine miles north of Tucson and six miles north of Ina Rd.
- An ADULT CAMPOUT that is kid friendly
- Creative Workshops
- Tea & Stitches with Dawna
- Pot Luck Supper Friday & Saturday eve
- Secret Ceremonies
- An escape from technology
- Fun with our quirky community
— RECEIVING TRANSMISSION SOON —
- Friends of Steam Crow
- Monster Scouts
- GLBT Friendly
- Everyone is welcome
- Hosted by Daniel & Dawna of Steam Crow
- We are fun
- A creative reset is empowering
- It’s nice to get out of your routine
- We believe in monsters
- Because we cannot be stopped (by Monsterologists)
- There is a $5 car pass if you come for just the day. (Paid for at the park gate.)
- No tickets will be sent out; check-in at the registration tent
- Additional SHINDIG badges will be available on site, while supplies last!
- Dogs are NOT allowed in the surrounding Pusch Ridge Wilderness (e.g., Romero Pools)
- Sorry, no refunds if you have to cancel.
- Release Form <- Please fill out! Required!
- Monstro Camp Tucson 2017 Schedule PDF (Print it and bring it!)
- Potluck Spreadsheet – so we all don’t bring the same thing. Fill it out!
Campground Information & Policies
There is a $15.00 per night fee for second vehicles. Fee will be paid upon arrival at the park. Fee does not apply to vehicles towed behind a primary vehicle when the primary vehicle remains at the site and the towed vehicle is used for transportation.
Catalina State Park is located on State Highway 77 (Oracle Rd.) at mile marker 81, nine miles north of Tucson and six miles north of Ina Rd.
- Check out time: 12:00 noon
- All vehicles arriving for a reservation must have in their possession a confirmation notice with name and campsite. If you make the reservations for multiple sites/people, you must insure that each party receives a confirmation slip.
- The contact station is open from 8 am to 5 pm daily. If you arrive after the gatehouse is closed, proceed to your designated campsite and then come to the entrance station the next day after 8:00 am to check in.
- If you arrive after the gatehouse is closed, proceed to your designated campsite and then come to the entrance station the next day after 8:00 am to check in.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am Generator hours are from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Wood fires and ground fires are prohibited in the campground.
- All vehicles are restricted to paved roads.
- Pets must be leashed and cleaned up after on all trails within Catalina State Park. Dogs are NOT allowed in the surrounding Pusch Ridge Wilderness (e.g., Romero Pools).
- Do not wash vehicles in the campground. Do not discharge gray water.
- Damaging, defacing or removing natural features: rocks, vegetation, artifacts or public property is against the law.
- During periods of heavy rain some roads may be impassable. Do not attempt to drive through heavily flooded washes.
- Each person/hiker should carry at least 1 gallon of drinking water per day.
For more information on our park rules, click here
For all the Agency Rules & Regulations, click here